7.18.2009

dare you....

I dare you to do a mini-book this month - do it on summer, vacation, stay-cation, an event you've strived for, a brief overview of the year so far, or as a gift for someone else....

recently I did one for doug for father's day - i wanted to do something unique and he had been training so hard for his tri-athalons that I thought a re-cap would be appropriate....after all striving to be healthy and strong is part of being a great dad!

Here are the pictures of my book - I used two 6x6 plastic covers by zutter (bind-it-all) and then used 1 patterned paper by basic grey and then solid matching cardstock for the rest of the pages. I wanted to keep it bright and fun! Everything else i used was stuff I already had in my stash. I then binded it together with the Zutter and added ribbon...

I really wanted to put tri-hard*er* .... but didn't thing that was so nice!

I did the half-circle to allow the patterned paper to show through to the cover



Tried playing with different mediums like paint, rub-ons, and ribbon

I tend to hand-journal everything (mainly to save time) so I really want to step-out and use some of my letter stickers



When I took these photo's I knew I would be doing something special with them...so I tried to capture a lot of 'texture or landscape' photos at the events...things to remember..pics of the bike / the transition area / the medals / the results / any funny signs or props, etc...they came in handy when trying to fill the pages


I also used some epoxy stickers from love, elsie....snuck some rhinestones in there at the end as well!

I hope you liked it and you create your own - send me pics of yours or a link to where it is posted...

until next time * the mini-book queen (as i've been previously deemed!)

No comments: