8.12.2010

stash addition

i just received this in the mail on Saturday to add to my stash. I got it from hawthorne threads which is my favorite online shop. i always envisioned florida having an overwhelming amount of quilting shops, but not so much. I haven't found anything with contemporary fabric and only one shop with a decent but small selection. So, with the price of gas these days it's just as cheap for me to order online and pay shipping and get exactly what i love. I do miss feeling and looking at the fabric up close and personal though; I tend to buy my kona solids at jo-ann's so i still get a bit of matching fabrics in person!
i never know how much to buy, probably bc most times i have no idea what i'm going to do with the fabric. i ended up with a 1/2 yard of this. a lot of times i wish i'd bought more, but I also don't want to tire of it. Do you have a system that you use or does it vary in what you add to your stash??

I'm off to finish binding my placemats and doing a little bit of my 'day' job, you know the one that pays for the stash! i should have the placemats done to show you tomorrow!

4 comments:

pbs said...

I hope I am on the end that gets gifts from your "stash". I must have adopted your philosophy on material. I buy it with no idea what it will turn into.

Jane said...

Love this fabric!
Can you tell me who makes it?
THank you!
Jane

sara said...

Jane - it is Del Hi = Paisley in Earth by designer Valori Wells by Free Spirit! it is fabulous!

sara said...

http://www.hawthornethreads.com/fabric/designer/valori_wells/del_hi/paisley_in_earth

here is the link on hawthorne threads!