11.10.2009

I'm so excited!

Yeah!!! I finally got the courage to join my first virtual quilting bee! I haven't done it before because of the monthly committment and then the thought of having to plan my own blocks the month i host and get the material to the group on time, etc. I can barely get anywhere on time so how could I manage this, right?

But, i found the perfect virtual group today and took the plunge! It is called Cancer is Sew Done and they send you the fabric every month give you a specific block to make and a self-addressed envelope to send it back in! How easy, right? The blocks come together to form a quilt that is then auctioned off to benefit a cancer charity. How cool. There is time for you to join to, even if you are a beginner this is the perfect way to get your feet wet and help a great cause at the same time.

This is a picture of the block we are doing for the first month, i'm just waiting on my fabrics to arrive to get going. This is also the block for the first quarter of the Block Party Quilt Along I have some other fabrics at home that i've been waiting for the perfect quilt idea and i think i might try them on this! Should have something to show you soon!

1 comment:

Teaque said...

stop stop stop with all the sewing posts! It makes me want to sew something SEW badly!!! I don't even know how but man do I want to make a quilt. I looked at that one block party site and found a design that i really liked and I want to make a dishtowel pillow and and and.... however, I need someone to hold my hand and well quite frankly more time in my day. I can't even seem to squeeze in the hobbies I KNOW how to do let alone the new unknown hobbies - thanks a lot!! :) LOL! Oh btw did I ever tell you I tried to call your old number way back when and left you a message. Not sure if you got it, but wanted you to know I made an effort LOL!